Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Last MTC Letter!



Dear favorite people on earth ever,

  
     WE GOT OUR FLIGHT PLANS!!! Guess where our layover is? Texas. Dallas, Texas. Don't go breaking my heart, MTC travel office....OH WAIT. TOO LATE. Here's the schedule for Tuesday:
           -Report to the travel office at 3:30 am (woohoo!)
           -Fly out of Salt Lake at 8:10 am
           -Arrive in Dallas at 11:45 am & leave at 3:55 pm 
                    (hurrah for 4 hour layovers!)
           -ARRIVE IN FRANKFURT GERMANY AT 7:30 AM
           -get off the plane and BAPTIZE EVERYONE.

     Ummm yup. That pretty much sums it all up. We got an email from our mission president laying out our schedule for Wednesday and Thursday...we're hitting the ground running!! We have teaching appointments and street contacting scheduled for our first day. I want to throw up due to nerves and pass out from excitement at the same time. I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING.
 
Okay. Super cool experience time:
      I was reading in D&C during personal study the other day & found loads of really great scriptures about God being in our midst & helping us through hard times. Later that day, we ran into an investigator (yes, this one is real) whose son died of cancer & whose wife is currently going through chemotherapy. He's really struggling to believe God loves & is aware of him. To make matters worse, the pastor of his church keeps telling him that, because his son wasn't baptized, he's lost. His soul is stuck in a state of limbo. There's no hope for him.
So? I prayed. I said "Heavenly father, I'm a nineteen year old girl with NO life experience...I have no idea what to say to this man, but you do. Please let me know what he needs to hear." And then, one of the scriptures I read during personal study came to mind. D&C 50: 41-44. I couldn't remember exactly what it said, but I turned to it anyway & read aloud:


   41. Fear not little children, for you are mine, and i have overcome the world, and you are of them that my father hath given me
   42. And none of them that my Father hath given me shall be lost.
   44. Wherefore...I am in your midst, and I am the good shepherd...


Could that scripture have been any more perfect? Answer: NO. IT WAS BEYOND PERFECT.


We are His.
No one is lost. Or forgotten. Ever.
He is in our midst.


      Yeah, I may be a nineteen year old girl with no life experience & yeah, I may not know what these people need to hear, but I’m on the Savior's team...and he bled each & every one of our life experiences from his pores. He knows. He understands. He knows what His children need to hear....and I am so grateful to know that, as his servant, He'll let me know EXACTLY what that is as long as I remain humble & willing to listen. 


     Allow me to end with an embarrassing story. We Skype called a Deutscher last Thursday & planned a lesson about eternal families...So naturally, we sang "families can be together forever." Before we started, we asked him if he knew it & he said yes....but when we started to sing, he didn't join in...But I was like oh, whateves no big deal. Companion duet. Hurrah. When we finished, he said "ummm, is your companion with you?" AND THEN WE REALIZED SISTER GODWINS MIKE WAS OFF THE WHOLE TIME MEANING I SANG AN AWKWARD SOLO TO SOME RANDOM GUY IN GERMANY. To make matters worse, I've had a sore throat for the past 3 weeks so my voice was cracking like crazy. Like, okay. Excuse me while I crawl into a hole AND DIE.

        Just kidding.
        I won’t crawl into a whole &/ or die.
        Don’t worry.


        But I DO have to go.

        I love ya'll SO MUCH <3
        Talk to ya next week (:

        -Love, Sister Terry (:

No comments:

Post a Comment