Monday, April 6, 2015

Dear Family,



 
     I’M GETTING ANOTHER GOLDEN! I got a call from President on Friday (danger day) and he said "After much time on my knees, I feel the Lord would like you to serve as a trainer again" (AKA sister terry, you did a really horrible job the first time but the Lord would like to give you a chance to redeem yourself...haha). BOOYAA. IM SO EXCITED. I've LOVED training. Fun fact though, if the consulate doesn’t send Sister Hallmann’s visa stuff back by Wednesday, then she can’t fly to America...meaning I’ll be training two people at once. I don’t think that'll happen (and I’m praying it doesn’t)...but we'll see. 

    
     Speaking of the consulate...we had a fun little party in Frankfurt on Tuesday/Wednesday! And by fun I mean slightly terrifying. I got bugged by an undercover cop. I probably shouldn’t talk about it over the internet...just know that if I go missing, it was because I misjudged the woman and she was actually an enemy spy. That's all the info I can give you right now. I'll fill you in with the rest of the details over Skype next month!
     Now for a story I actually CAN talk about! Last week, we gave Donaldo and Ronaldo (Fun fact #2...his name is actually Renato...but swear I hear an “L” in there when he says it) a chapter in the Book of Mormon to read. We followed up at the beginning of our lesson this past week and asked them how it went! Edison then told us the following story: "Donaldo read the chapter and didn’t understand it. He re-read it, and still didn’t get it. Then he came to me and we read it together...but it still didn’t make sense. Then, he went to his room, said a prayer, read it AGAIN...and he was FINALLY able to understand." 
     I've been thinking a lot about that experience over the past week, and just want to add my testimony to that of Nephi's, who said, "He that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded to them, by the power of the Holy ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come" (1 Nephi 10:19). The Lord is there! He is both willing and ready to help us, we just have to ask him!!(: 


     I hope everyone enjoyed general conference!!! The first weekends in April and October have always been my two favorites of the year. What a special opportunity we have as members of the church to hear from God's chosen prophets, seers and revelators from the comforts of our own home. Chapter 9 of Gospel Principals says: “Many people live in darkness, unsure of God's will. They believe that the heavens are closed and that the people must face the world’s perils alone.” How fortunate are the latter-day saints! 
     I am so grateful for living prophets and apostles who make known God's will for us. I am grateful for the knowledge that the heavens are not closed, that Heavenly Father's mouth is not shut, and that he continues to guide us through his ordained servants. 
     I am grateful for Jesus Christ. Words cannot even begin to express the love and appreciation I feel for Him. He is our Savior. He is our Redeemer. We shouldn't limit ourselves to celebrating his atoning sacrifice once a year, because the blessings we receive from the events that occurred in the Garden of Gethsemane and on Golgotha are ours to claim every single day. 

I know He lives. 
I know He loves us. 
No trial is too small or heartache too insignificant for His divine, generous aid. 

Love, 
Brookie


PS: We're getting iPads. When I first heard the news, I was like "YAY! IPADS" and then I was like "oh wait, I hate technology..."
WISH ME LUCK.

No comments:

Post a Comment