Monday, May 4, 2015

Dear Family,


I HAD TO FACE MY BIGGEST FEAR THIS WEEK. 
I GOT TRAPPED INSIDE AN ELEVATOR. 
NOT EVEN JOKING. 

     Sister Whicker and I had just gotten home from teaching a lesson and were heading upstairs to plan. I hopped on the elevator and pressed the button for our floor, but my companion was taking her time and the door started to shut before she made it on. Naturally, I held out my hand to keep the door open, BUT THE ELEVATOR IGNORED IT, SHUT ANYWAY, AND STARTED MOVING WITH MY HAND STUCK IN THE DOOR. In an effort to prevent said hand from getting SLICED IN HALF, I pried the door open, which caused the elevator to go on crazy shutdown mode with me still inside :( 
     I was in there for about an hour before help arrived. 
     Luckily, the Elders came over and sat outside and provided moral support/ told me funny stories to distract me from the face that my WORST NIGHTMARE came true. I’m so grateful for them! 
     That little experience aside, this week was AMAZING. 

THE ANGELS WERE AT IT AGAIN!! 


     We had a lesson planned on Monday night which fell out four minutes before we were supposed to meet. We headed out to do some street contacting...and my bag broke after having just left the apartment! We went back inside, grabbed a grocery bag, transferred all of my belongings into it, and went outside again. Because of this set back, we crossed paths with a lady named Frau Breitsch! We introduced ourselves, told her a little bit about the church and invited her to learn more! "Are you heading home right now?" we asked. "We’d love to share a message with you!" 20 minutes later, we were in her home telling her about the Book of Mormon and the prophet Joseph Smith! It was so neat! But wait! It gets better!!! We went back on Friday and taught her about the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ...and she accepted the invitation to be baptized!!! Ahhhh the spirit was SO. STRONG. June 6th...can’t wait!!!! 

     On Thursday, we rode a train out to a village to contact a referral before a member appointment. We got to the bahnhoff and went to get off the train...but the door wouldn’t open! We ran to the next door down, pressed the open button...but it was too late! We got off at the next stop and found out that the next train wouldn’t be passing through for about an hour...so off we went to do doors! We had some nice conversations, gave out a Book of Mormon and headed back to the train station. Waiting for the same train as us was the cutest little family! I made friends with two of the kids, one of which came up and sat by me when we got on the train. We began talking to his mother, who actually seemed somewhat familiar with the church! Our stop approached all too rapidly (it was about a three minute ride away), and with about 10 seconds before having to get off the train, we handed her a Book of Mormon, invited her to read it, and asked for her address so we could come by and explain a little more about it. Not only did she give us her address, but she said she'd start reading The Book of Mormon with her kids!!!! I'm dying to go by on her family!!! Can’t wait to see what happens!!!

     Needless to say, I’ve come to love when things don’t go as planned. In just about every case, I can clearly see that it’s because the Lord had a way better one in mind!!!! 
     The hand of the Lord was so apparent throughout the entire week! I wish I could sit here and type up all the miracles I’ve witnessed and wonderful experiences I’ve had...but time just won’t allow :( 

I love y’all a lot, though!!!!!! 

I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACES ON SKYPEEEEEEE AHHHH I'M SO EXCITED!!!!! (: (: (: (: (: (: (: 

- Brookie

No comments:

Post a Comment