Monday, May 25, 2015

Dear Family,



Can I just say how much I LOVE being a sister missionary? 

We were on our way to teach a family Edison introduced us to (that kid is a lean, mean referral machine) and as we were walking over, a group of kids and teenagers came to greet us. We shook their hands and talked with them for a little while, then began walking away. As our backs were turned, we heard someone yell "What?! The princesses shook everyone’s hand but mine!" We spun around, apologized, shook another hand and had another short interchange, then headed to our appointment. 

ELDERS GET AWKWARD STARES. 
SISTERS GET CALLED PRINCESSES. 
Not that it’s a competition or anything, but win, win, win, WE WINNNNNN. 


Speaking of winning, the following miracle story deserves an award of some sort: 
Two weeks ago, we met the most prepared man EVER at the bus stop outside of our house (I told y’all about him on Skype!!). He accepted a Book of Mormon and gave us his number so we could meet, but hello my name is Sister Terry and I’m incompetent and forgot to save said phone number :( I prayed so hard that: 

a) Heavenly Father would forgive me for being an unorganized mess and 
b) Would allow us to run into him again.

Wellllllll, we hopped on our bus after church yesterday AND GUESS WHO CAME UP AND SAT NEXT TO US?! 


BUS STOP GUY. 
NO JOKE. 
*Cue the Hallelujah Chorus* 

We had another super incredible conversation and got his number (again) and are going to meet with him this upcoming week!!! Exciting, huh?! 


This week has been way good...minus the fact that both Sister Whicker and I haven't been feeling too well :( We're doing better today, but just be sure to keep us in your prayers because we're sick of being sick!!! 

Anyway, I’m going to keep this one short this week because I'm going to go play volleyball in a little bit (that should help me feel better, right? haha). 

Hope y’all had a great week <3 
Love you lots!! 

- Brookie

No comments:

Post a Comment