Monday, February 8, 2016

Dear family,



Thursday was a rare occurrence in the life of a missionary serving in Germany...we had 2 eating appointments in the same day! (: 

The first one was with home girl Charley. That's always a good time. She and her husband and their little baby child moved from England a few months ago! The second was with Sister Wagner...which was also a blast! She was baptized at 11, and removed her name from the records of the church in her 20's or 30's. Time passed, however, and she recognized something was missing in her life. She worked to get re-baptized and is now an active, stalwart member of the church. 

After each of their appointments, we did something we call a wunder stunde (miracle hour)!! We pulled out 1 Nephi 16 and read verses 23, 24, 30 and 31 with them (this is right after Nephi broke his steel bow and had to set his family straight because of their murmuring): 

23 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, did make out of wood a bow, and out of a straight stick, an arrow; wherefore, I did arm myself with a bow and an arrow, with a sling and with stones. And I said unto my father: Whither shall I go to obtain food? 
24 And it came to pass that he did inquire of the Lord, for they had humbled themselves because of my words; for I did say many things unto them in the energy of my soul. 
30 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, did go forth up into the top of the mountain, according to the directions which were given upon the ball. 
31 And it came to pass that I did slay wild beasts, insomuch that I did obtain food for our families.

Then we were like "Alright! We have our weapons! We've got copies of the book of Mormon, Mormon.org cards, pamphlets and we want YOU to pray about where we should go hunting for those who are ready to hear about the gospel! We have a map right here! Pick an area for us to door, we'll kneel together and ask the Lord if that's where we should go, and we'll call you in an hour to let you know what miracles we saw!" 

And boy did we see them!! In Charley's neighborhood, we met a lady who met with missionaries 30 years ago and formed a really, really strong relationship with them. She's read in the Book of Mormon and thinks super highly of the church! We also met two people who invited us to come over and teach them this week! In Sister Wagner’s neighborhood, we had some really awesome conversations and met a man who also used to meet with missionaries! He learned about the church while he was in Florida, and continues to read the Book of Mormon to this day! He ended up giving us his address! We’ll be stopping by this week to read with him (: 

It was the NEATEST experience getting to call the members afterwards and share our successes with them. You could tell they were just grinning from ear to ear upon hearing the miracles that stemmed from their heaven-sent inspiration. I'm so grateful for the members of this church—especially the ones here in Germany! Nothing brings me more joy than getting to work alongside them! (: 


Rahi is doing great. 
I'm obsessed with him. We all are. 

On Friday, we began part one of lesson #3 otherwise known as lesson "how to please the God". We went in there planning to discuss faith and Jesus Christ, but we ended up focusing most of our time on the nature of God. Rahi was totally stunned by our descriptions of Heavenly Father, who according to him and his Muslim upbringing, is indescribable and undefinable. While I was in düsseldorf on a split on Saturday, the sisters met with him again...twice. The first time around, they discussed repentance (which Rahi ATE UP). The second time around, Minor (Rahi's buddy) had apparently been looking up videos about the life of Jesus Christ and other stuff on the Internet and was like "get the Sisters over here" so they gave us a call and they were able to teach him (him being mainly Minor) a little more about the Savior! 

I love that when people have thoughts or questions about Jesus Christ, they turn to US for answers and guidance! (: That is just such a testimony to the workings of Holy Ghost! There's no other way to explain the fact people look at 20-25 year old men and woman for spiritual understanding other than that the Holy Ghost is bearing witness to them that we really are representatives of Jesus Christ. I'm so unbelievably grateful for the chance I've had to be a part of this 75,000 person army, sent out into the world to bear testimony of the Savior and His restored church!(: 

Other highlights: 

- SISTER JOHNSON AND I GOT TO GO ON A 24 HOUR FRIENDSHIP DATE OF LOVE AND HAPPINESS. 


We had a split planned with dortmund, but they called us and let us know they both had to stay there for some mysterious reason. We decided to go ahead and do the split, anyway, and just send Sister Roderer up to them and let her 'taush with both of them. Allow me to answer your questions: 

Yes, we were freuing ourselves 
Yes, we were our wifey shirts. 
And No, we didn't get much sleep. 

Despite our exhaustion, it was still a great day (: we met with Richard, our miracle man from last Sunday and were able to set a fest baptismal date with him! He's way excited!! (Fun fact: He, along with every single one of our investigators who we consistently meet with, came to church on Sunday!!). MIRACLES. 

- ONE OF MY WILDEST MISSION DREAMS CAME TRUE. I'm OBSESSED with umbrellas here in Germany, right? Right. I'm constantly pointing them out and complimenting them because they're literally works of art. 

WELLLL while on a split in Essen this past week, I turned to a man sitting across the aisle from us, asked him where he bought his, and he handed it to me and said "I don't know. Someone gifted it tome....now I'm gifting it to you! You can keep it." 

I literally almost peed myself. 
I can go home in peace now (; 


Speaking of going home...I have my Leavers testimony AND my leavers interview this week!
AHHHH. 
WHERE IS THE TIME GOING?! 
WISH ME SO MUCH LUCK. 

Love y’all!! 
See you soon! (; 

- Sister Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment