Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Greetings from…Coburg!




You heard me. COBURG!

As in one of the most beautiful places in all of Germany, Coburg.

As in this place looks like it comes straight from a postcard, Coburg

As in "Which area are you in? COBURG!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME IVE WANTED TO SERVE THERE MY WHOLE MISSION IM SO JEALOUS PLEASE LETS GO ALL FREAKY FRIDAY AND SWITCH BODIES PEASE"

That Coburg.

Seriously though.

It’s BEAUTIFUL. 



Here are some deets about this lovely wonderland I now call home:

- It’s a biking area!!! Which I actually really like...minus the fact that the streets are really narrow & people here drive way fast & there are lots of twists and turns and hills and I’m pretty sure I’m going to die but WHATEVAHHH.

- We don’t really have any solid investigators...which is a bummer. At the pairing meeting, I heard all these other trainers talking about their areas and all the people they're teaching and successes their having...and we don’t really have too much of that. WE WILL, THOUGH. Just give me, sister Hamner and the Lord a couple weeks & we'll have this place up & running in no time.

- SISTER HAMNER. She's my trainer. And she rocks. Seriously, she's been SUCH an angel!! We get along really, really well.


- MY BRANCH IS THE GREATEST. There's only about 40 active members...but they’re all the sweetest people on earth. Ugh I love them so much already!!

- speaking about church, there may or may not be a castle on a hill right outside the relief society room's window (minus the may not part...AHHHH THERES A CASTLE RIGHT OUTSIDE THE RELIEF SOCIETY ROOMS WINDOW CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!?! WHY AM I IN A FAIRYTALE LAND!?!)



     I'm SO stoked to be here. I got off to a really slow start. We landed on Wednesday morning & spent all day doing orientation/ interview stuff. We stayed in a hotel that night and then woke up the next morning for our pairing meeting. Everyone left later that day...but my companion had to stay in Frankfurt for a training meeting on Friday afternoon, so I just sat around with a bunch of other goldens until Friday night. It was really bad, because I had a lot of time to just sit/ think/ worry/ freak myself out...so when we finally got to Coburg, I was a little bit of a basket case. I turned into a scared little turtle and hid in my shell. And cried a lot. We'd be on our bikes and I'd see someone up ahead and think okay, Brooke. Start small. Just smile. Smile and wave at this woman. And I’d smile and wave but I was holding back tears while doing so, so I’m pretty sure I just looked like Cici when she makes her ugly chupacabra faces and scared everyone.

     Things have been much better since that first day, though. I’m still a little bit of a wreck & have to give myself pep talks 50 times a day, but that’s okay!! (:




STORY TIME WITH SISTER TERRY:

     Sister Hamner & I were walking around contacting yesterday...but we weren't really talking to anyone. After about 5 minutes i was like "Okay. This is getting us nowhere. Let’s pray and ask heavenly father where we should go" so we did. And we stood for a few seconds afterwards, listening for any thoughts or impressions put into our hearts or heads by the spirit. Then sister Hamner said "let’s go to Bahnoff"...so off we went. We stopped and talked to people, but no one seemed too interested. We were walking back to our bikes when two girls came out of their house and started walking behind us. We turned around and started talking to them...and long story short, we gave them a book of Mormon and set up an appointment for Friday!!

Heavenly Father answers prayers!

Personal revelation is real.


The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true.

Meet with the missionaries.

Ask God.

He'll tell you the exact same thing.



I love you all so much. Thank you for your letters, emails & most importantly- your prayers!!! Keep 'em coming (:

 

Talk to you next week!

Gotta go harvest some wheat (;



-Sister Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment