Sunday, January 18, 2015

An Unexpected Email


We received a fun email from some members in Kaiserslautern who took in Brooke and her companion for dinner!


Dear Br. and Sis. Knutson and Br. and Sis. Terry,

     I hope you don't think this so strange, but my wife and I invited your daughters to our home for dinner today after church and during their visit, I took a few pictures-I always enjoy doing that. I have included two of them in this email and will send the others along two at a time. Unfortunately they are too large being sent raw to send more than two at a time. If I do that, they are returned as undeliverable because of their size. I think that there are 18 pictures in all so there will be 7 more emails with two pics each after this unless I counted wrong.

     I apologize for the red eyes on Sis. Terry but her blue eyes make it very difficult to get anything more w/o some sort of filter which I obviously do not have. At first I thought she was wearing contacts until she explained her blue eyes to me. 



     We brought them home with us after church today-we live about 25 minutes driving time from the church and when they arrived here, they checked the train schedule on line and determined that they would have about 45 min to one hour with us. So, we made the best of it, had a nice visit around the dinner table, had a little message from them, fed them an ice cream cone for dessert, and then took them to the train station where they caught their train back to Kaiserslautern where their apartment is. Their train left Bruchmuhlbach Station at 5:28 p.m. Central European Time or 9:28 a.m. Utah time and 10:28 a.m. Texas time. Funny, one sister from Provo (our daughter [an English professor at BYU] and son [a Student at BYU] are living there) and another from San Antonio and our son lives there or just south in Lytle but works in SA. Small world.



     We hope that all is well with you and your families. Thank you very much for sharing your daughters with us here in Germany. We love having the missionaries in our home and thank you very much for the way your have raised them to be who and what they are at this time in their lives. They are a blessing to have in our home and a blessing to your and your families as well.

Have a wonderful Sunday and an enjoyable week ahead. :-)

V/r

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment