Monday, January 12, 2015

Dear Family



I’VE BEEN TRANSFERRED.
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW UPSET I AM RIGHT NOW?
REALLY UPSET.
LIKE, I WANT TO HULK SMASH EVERYONE IN THE FACE.

Why, you ask? Please. Allow me to list the reasons.

1. Maria is getting baptized. BAPTIZED. And I’m missing it!!


 
2. Coborg is a gold mine. A GOLD MINE, I SAY. I talk to people every day who are interested in learning more about the gospel. No joke. The people here are amazing.
3. Bayern is to Germany as Texas is to America. AKA I’m living in a very prideful place and I LOVE IT.
4. My branch. Oh my gosh. I miss them already! They’re the greatest!



5. Also, I’ll miss my bike :( I named him Bruce.
6. Nuremburg is the most desirable zone in the Germany Frankfurt mission...and I’m leaving it! Boo!
7. COBURG IS SO PRETTYYYYYYYYY

My branch decided to be a bunch of stink heads and rub salt in my wounds and sang "God be with you ‘til we meet again" and "I’ll go where you want me to go" at church yesterday. Rude, right?

NOW.


I know what you’re thinking:
"Calm down and tell us where you’re going."
     a. don’t tell me to calm down. Thank you.
     And b....
     I'M GOING TO KAISERSLAUTERN.
     AND NO I CANNOT PRONOUNCE THAT FOR YOU.

     I’m actually really excited, though. Elder Shively (who replaced Elder Burger last transfer) just came from there and he LOVED it. He says he thinks me and my companion are going to hit it off, too (BOTH FINGERS CROSSED). Anyway, it’s on the complete opposite side of the mission. Coburg is about as Far East as you can go and Kaiserslautern is right by France!! So whoop whoop to that.

Also whoop whoop to the following miracle stories.


     First one. Sister Hamner and I went on a split to fuecht and had a really crazy neat experience on the way over. We sat down on the zug and I noticed the man in the seat across the aisle from us kept looking over. I turned to Sister Hamner and whispered "I’m going to go talk to him!"...but he beat me to it!!! Right as I was about to get up, he looked at me and asked "are you from America?" Then, he proceeded to tell me about a vacation he took there (HES BEEN TO TEXAS). At one point in the conversation, a big group of people got on the train. He offered them his seat and then moved to the one right next to Sister Hamner and me! I thought Man, he’s making our job really easy. We ended up talking the whole train ride and invited him to meet with us and learn more about the church.
     We have an appointment with him tomorrow!
     Hurrah!

     Second one: I felt impressed that Sister Hamner and I should go dooring down a certain street here in Coburg. We'd been at it for about an hour when we klingeled a house and young woman named Dolka greeted us at the door. We introduced ourselves as missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and said that we were here to share a special book of scripture with the German people. Then we held out a book of Mormon. Her eyes LIT UP and she literally ripped the book from my hands. She stared at it, wide eyed and smiling as she exclaimed "I KNOW THIS BOOK!! I KNOW THIS BOOK!!" With bewildered expressions, Sister Hamner and I looked at each other, then back at her, then back at each other and then back at her. She continued "I watch this guy on YouTube and he’s a Mormon!!!" She asked us if we recognized the name. Sadly, we didn’t, but then we listed off a bunch of other famous Mormons (i.e. Lindsey Sterling, imagine dragons etc.) and she said "wow! All the coolest people are Mormon!" AND I WAS LIKE, UMM FETCH YES, FINALLY SOMEONE REALIZES THIS, THANK YOU SO MUCH, P.S. BE MY BEST FRIEND.

     She didn’t have time to meet right then, but we went back and had a lesson with her the next day! It went so well!!! At the end of the lesson, we asked her if she knew anyone else who would be interested in meeting with us and she said "yeah, actually! I have a friend who I think would be very interested. I'll invite her over next time we have a lesson!"

     DO YOU SEE WHAT I'M LEAVING?
     OH MY HEAVENS.
     MY HEART IS BREAKING.

Can I just say...I love being a missionary. I love Germany. I love these people.
And...I love y’all!!!
Can’t wait to talk to you next week and tell you all about my new area!

Its adventure time!!!!!!

-Brookieee


No comments:

Post a Comment