Monday, January 19, 2015

KAISERSLAUTERN!


Dear family,

     I’m so happy, I think I might explode. Seriously. I LOVE Kaiserslautern. I LOVE my branch. I LOVE my district and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, my companion (WHOOOHOOOO) 


     Now. Allow me to expound.

     1. Kaiserslautern. Ktown. Lautern. You can call it whatever you want...but I call it heaven. It’s BEAUTIFUL. Gosh I wish you could see what sights grace my eyeballs every day. The city is pretty big (a lot bigger than Coburg, at least) but it’s still very German looking...and the dorfs (I can’t remember the English word...google translate it) are POSTCARD PERFECT. Like, I’m in love, I’m in love and I don’t care who knows it. The people are super sweet here, too!! I was worried having spent the last 2 months learning Byrish, I wouldn’t be able to understand Felsish...but the language hasn’t been a problem at all! As of right now, we have no solid investigators, but the area seems pretty promising!
     2. My branch. We have about 250 members...only 40 of which are active. Nuts, right? Everyone I met on Sunday was awesome, though! It’s a pretty different atmosphere than Coburg. First off, we share a building with 3 American military wards, so we hear English a lot and I don’t like it at all. Secondly, there were lots of older people in Coburg...but Kaiserslautern has a bunch of young families.
     3. My district. Full of DILIGENT, ENERGETIC, FOCUSED elders and sisters. IT’S SO WONDERFUL. We set some really ambitions goals and everyone is working really, really hard to achieve them!
     4. My companion. Her name is sister Knutson...and she is AMAZINGGGGG. SO hard working, but super fun at the same time! She’s only been out a transfer longer than I have and we work together EXTREMELY well. We've been companions for 3&1/2 days and have found 8 potential investigators and are already running out of copies of the Book of Mormon to give out!! 



      Needless to say, I am beyond excited for this transfer! (-:

     Other than that...I don’t have too much more to tell y’all. I got my visa....aka I don’t have to worry about getting kicked out of the country! So booyah to that!!!

     I got to party at Bahnhoff with some of my favorite missionaries of all time! I saw Sister Johnson (she’s training now), Elder Crittenden (deep breaths, Chupie) and a bunch of other rockin' people from the MTC. I took some pictures, but I can’t find camera cord :( hopefully I didn’t leave it in Coburg!!!

     Anywayyyy, I love y’all like crazy!!! I can’t wait to write again next week and fill y’all in on all the wonderful things that are happening here in heaventown.

- Brookie

No comments:

Post a Comment