Monday, June 15, 2015

Dearest Family,


     On Friday, we walked over to the church for a lesson with Renato...and got rejected hard core by just about every single person we talked to. Then, Renato didn’t even show up! Needless to say, we were not too excited to spend 30+ minutes on the street contacting again. We said a little prayer and asked the Lord for energy, strength and a miracle...and as always, He delivered! 
     We walked down the street to look at bus times. While looking at the schedules, a man whipped his jacket over his shoulder, hitting me in the face. He apologized and I assured him it was alright, then asked him where he was from (cuz he was speaking English).
     "Los Angeles" He said. 
     "Oh, you must be a Lakers fan, then. I’m sorry." I responded. 
     He laughed then asked where we were from and what we were doing here. I told him we were missionaries...and then he had to hop on his bus because it was about to leave. I handed him a card real fast and as he was getting on the bus he shouted "Hey! I think I was supposed to run into the two of you today. I've been going through a lot lately. Pray for me!" 
     On the train a little while later, we sat by a girl from the Ukraine! After talking to her for a little bit, we found out that she’s actually really familiar with the church! Two elders were invited to come to her English class and talk about America a few years ago and she talked with them quite a bit after their presentation. She even already had a Book of Mormon! I could have cried! 
     D&C 65:2 hits it on the head: "And from thence shall the gospel roll forth unto the ends of the earth, as the stone which is cut out of the mountain without hands shall roll forth, until it shall fill the whole earth". The gospel really is spreading! The stone really is rolling! And I get a front row seat of the show! HOW LUCKY AM I?! 
     On Saturday, we had the coolest contact OF LIFE. We were on our way to go by a less active and sat by a lady on the train. I pulled out the phone to read a text to Sister Whicker, and the woman across from us (who just so happened to be an American) heard us speaking English and asked us where we were from. We talked for a while and, of course, the topic turned to religion. Turns out homegirl is a recovering drug addict. She’s lived on the streets, has had open-heart surgeries due to infections caused by dirty needles, and has died on operating room tables...like, four times. She told us "I want to believe in God. I want to believe in Christ. I just don’t know how to be sure they exist. I have trouble believing in things I can’t see". We whipped out Moroni 10:3-5 and bore testimony that through the impressions of the Holy Ghost—she could know with 100% surety that there is a God, Christ is His Son, and they love her very much. By the end of the train ride, she ended up giving us her address in Florida and told us we could send the missionaries by! Mensch, she was incredible! Haha, we had actually made it to our stop after 15 minutes on the train, but felt prompted to stay and keep talking to her (wouldn’t have had that amazing conversation or gotten her address if we hadn’t)! We ended up in some random village about 45 minutes away and did some doors there as we were waiting for a train going back to ktown. We found a Romanian dude who was super interested, and on the way back, sat by a Thai lady who also gave us her info so we could come by (don’t get too excited Matt, I think she’s just trying to set us up with her son...but we'll see)! 
     As if those experiences weren't exciting enough, we had a bunch of investigators at church on Sunday! The work here in Kaiserslautern is at an all-time level of AWESOME. EVERYONE IS MAKING SO MUCH PROGRESS. I'm so blessed to be serving here! I’m so blessed to be a missionary in general! I love this work, I love this work, I love this workkkkkkkkk. 

Talk to y’all next week <3 
- Brookie

No comments:

Post a Comment